Sunday, May 22, 2011

On things not so interesting...

I had a great idea for a new blog when I was down in Jackson Hole WY. The story goes like this: I met this guy of many talents, one of which was a unique skill of playing the Hammered Dulcimer. Now this instrument looks like something a nice old man or lady would have mastery over (see provided image), not a 19 year old young man! Anyways, after only 5 mins of hearing him play, I was enthralled! Such a totally melodious instrument, smooth like butter, yet quick and upbeat, like...springtime!! lol He has some CDs, (that we now own hehe) and you can even purchase his songs on itunes! Look up Cort Tangeman. (promise i'm not getting paid for this). So, back to the Hammered Dulcimer. I'm looking at this odd contraption, thinking, whoa this must have a cool history! Resolving then and there to write my next blog about it.
This all to say that once looked up, I decided the Hammered Dulcimer history is not all that exciting. Except maybe that it came from Persia, which is only cool because I really like the movie Prince of Persia (and I only really like the movie because Jake Gyllenhaal is gorgeous!). So here is my blog about not blogging about the Hammered Dulcimer. Seriously though, look up Cort's stuff. It'll blow your musical senses!

No comments:

Post a Comment